Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mustard Dip

First off, my apologies for the sporadic posting. I was working on my article for the October issue of Present and I had no creative juice left for you, my lovely little blog. Let me make it up to you with an appetizer!

Wait! Don't look at me like that. It's a multitasking appetizer. Trust me.

On Sunday we had people over to watch the Air Show from our back yard, because our back yard is truly awesome. From it, you can see the Blue Angels without having to pay anyone anything, or without having to brave the throngs of humanity at the downtown airport. I woke up knowing that I'd need to make a little something to feed the people that we'd invited over - and, strangely, I was craving pretzels and dip. Mustard dip, specifically. I googled "mustard dip," and came up with something that looked like a winner.
Mustard Dip

1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. dried onions
1 T. garlic powder
2 T. prepared horseradish (to taste)
8 oz prepared yellow mustard
8 oz sour cream
8 oz mayonnaise


Mix all ingredients & chill for at least an hour.

The beauty of this dip is, not only is it awesomely tasty, but as you're eating it, you're thinking of all the other things it can do! Sandwiches! Chicken strips! Pork chops! Turkey tenderloins! See???

No comments: