Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tarantino's


eggplant sandwich
Originally uploaded by noodletown.
We've been eating at Tarantino's and telling other people to eat at Tarantino's and I haven't gotten around to posting about it here because I can't seem to take a picture that is as good as the food in the picture. I've finally just given up on the artistic end of it because, well, the food is good and you should go eat there and see for yourself just how good it is.

The hand-rolled calzones are my absolute favorite. The crust is chewy, slightly doughy, and golden brown. It almost makes the interior irrelevant, except that the ingredients inside are good, too. And the little cup of sugo on the side is just exactly what you wanted to dip your bits of crust in. You'll be licking your fingers.

Of the sandwiches, the "New Yorker," one of their signatures, has been the cause of repeat visits to Tarantino's in the same week. Served on a toasted onion bun, the Capicola, salami, and pepperoni are layered with roasted peppers, pepperoncinis, and melted provolone cheese. The Eggplant sandwich is another hit - lightly breaded, crisp, and smothered in sugo and provolone.

I've already programmed their number into my phone. It's located right above my Mom's.

Tarantino's
Gourmet Pizzas and Subs
601 McGee St
816*421*0043
hours:
Mon-Thurs: 6am - midnight
Fri-Sat: 6am - 3am
Sun: 3pm - 10pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this place! But they just moved to 13th street and Locust... check it out!