Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Grandstand Burgers

Grandstand Burgers is the kind of place that makes you feel happy inside. Two guys inside working the flattop and the fry basket, a pierced and dyed teenage girl manning the front counter and the constantly ringing phone. Delicious burgers coming off the line one by one; crispy fries and tots and happy folks chomping away at the picnic tables outside. I wish I had had the phone number on me to phone ahead, only because we were monstrously hungry, but the wait for our terribly fresh food provided an opportunity for people watching and soaking in the much needed sunshine on Sunday afternoon.

The burgers were perfectly cooked and juicy - "everything" meant lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayo, ketchup and mustard on a slightly grilled soft bun. While we didn't try one, I watched many a "Kelly Burger" leave the building - it's a double cheeseburger with a slice of ham and two strips of bacon. It's a big beautiful burger. They bill themselves as the "Best Homemade Burgers in Town," and they were definitely worth our wait.

Grandstand Burgers
4942 Merriam Drive 913*362*0111

Mon-Tues 10am to 7pm
Wed 11am to 6pm
Thurs-Sat 10am to 7pm
Sun 12pm to 4pm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were up north today on Vivian Road and stopped into a very interesting looking joint called "Big Burger". He had a Big burger, and I had a Jr. Big Burger. The food was "eh", but the experience was fun. Anyway, we are already planning our next burger adventure at Grandstand Burgers. Thanks for the tip!

pom. said...

I kept thinking this place looked SO familiar and then I realized why when I was driving by it on my way home. Ha. Gotta go here.