Thursday, March 06, 2008

Avenues Bistro

I love saving money. I also love being taken out to dinner. So today was, in essence, an awesome day, as my husband's folks saved money while taking us out to dinner at the Avenues Bistro in Brookside. They are big fans of the Avenues' Early Bird Special dinners, served every day from 3 to 6pm, and after dining there today, so am I. It's a limited menu, with smaller portions, but the choices they give you are wonderful and the servings were the perfect size.

My Hawaiian Sunfish was perfectly seasoned and served with a creamy herbed butter sauce and roasted potatoes; the Champagne Chicken was a deliciously tender chicken cutlet with a breading that was crisp and not at all heavy, accentuated nicely by the champagne and shallot butter sauce. The Schnitzel was given high praise, and I will be going back specifically to try the Lobster and Crab Cake dinner, which looked scrumptious. Our service was outstanding, and the dining room was busy with an older Brookside clientele. Entrees start at $9.95, glasses of house wine are $4 each, and you get to enjoy a nice meal in a beautiful dining room at a slightly earlier hour.

To view the early bird menu, click here.

Avenues Bistro
338 W 63rd Street in Brookside
816*333*5700

regular hours: Mon - Thurs 11am to 9pm
Fri - Sat 11am to 11pm
Sun 9am - 8pm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea about this early bird promotion. I live in Brookside and have been anxious to try Avenues - but haven't gone because I figured I'd bust my budget. This is great news!

Anonymous said...

I have been many times for the early bird! If you sit in the bar, you can get 1/2 price appetizers. I LOVE the frites with BBQ Mayo and Aioli.
I always get chicken piccata, and my hubby gets the schnitzel.

Anonymous said...

You have to try Sunday brunch.