Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lake Tahoe

I didn't know Lake Tahoe was going to be quite as beautiful as it was.

Our weather was perfection, the scenery was breathtaking, and on our last night, on a sunset sailing cruise on the lake, I had one of those moments where I knew I was going to be seeing that scenery, that sunset in my mind's eye for the rest of my life. Don't you love when that happens?

Also that evening was a great outdoor meal at the Evergreen Cafe in Tahoe City where we had cold beer and delicious food. We tried most of the menu, from the spiced nuts and crispy prosciutto and melon with a balsalmic sauce, to the corn chowder and roasted red pepper and fennel bisque, finally ending the evening with summer squash ravioli and pork chops served with bacon-flavored grits and sweet grilled peaches. It was a feast fit for five people who had just stepped off of a sailboat. It was a delicious ending to a wonderful trip.

No comments: