Saturday, April 28, 2007

City Market Saturday

Aside from the most excellent people watching and all the beautiful flowers, my favorite part of our Saturday morning trips to the City Market is buying spices, dried fruit, and nuts from the Al Habashi Mart.

I want to take pictures of all the beautiful colors and interesting textures of things and then I want to pour all of my money directly from my pockets into their cash register and leave with heaping paper sacks filled with fragrant nuts and tasty fruits. It's like an adult candy store.

Al Habashi Mart
309 Main, in the City Market
9am - 5pm, 7 days a week 816*421*6727

2 comments:

Bob Pedersen said...

The associated cafe would have to be in the running for my favorite KC eatery. I don't understand how there can be so much violence in the Middle East when the food gives me such a feeling of peace and good will. :)

Unknown said...

That's one of my favorite parts of the City Market too. The guy who sells the dried fruits is so friendly, I almost feel guilty for leaving with anything less than ten pounds of dried mango... Also, the lemon pepper from Al Habashi is great on tilapia fillets sautéd in butter. Their curry is worth a try too.